'Times square shooter' arrested after 'CD peddler shot kid, 4, and two women with stray bullets during NYC rampage'

THE gunman wanted in connection to a shooting in Times Square that left a four-year-old girl and two others injured has been arrested in Florida after a five-day manhunt.

Farrakhan Muhammad was arrested in Jacksonville on Wednesday morning, less than 24 hours after police released a new image of the suspect.

The 31-year-old CD peddler was wanted for allegedly firing shots during an argument with his brother near West 44th Street and Seventh Avenue around 5pm Saturday.

Police said he tried to shoot his brother but missed, and instead hit and injured three people: Four-year-old Skye Martinez, Wendy Magrinat, 23, and Marcela Aldana, 43.

A manhunt was immediately launched for the gunman after he fled the scene.

After a five-day manhunt, Muhammad was apprehended by U.S. Marshals and members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force in Jacksonville.

Investigators said he appeared to have been staying in Florida with a girlfriend.

Muhammed was know to regularly frequent Times Square, where he often sold bootleg CDs.

He also has an extensive criminal history, including arrests from harassment, assault, robbery, grand larceny and fraud.

Dramatic footage released by the NYPD showed hero cop  Alyssa Vogel sprinting through Times Square with the little girl in her arms after the shots rang out on Saturday.

Officer Vogel, who is the mom of a 6-month-old boy herself, told the New York Post that Skye was "the strongest little girl I've ever seen."

The girl sustained non-life-threatening injuries to her leg.

Vogel explained that she instinctively grabbed the girl and began running her to an ambulance, and tried to comfort Skye's mother along the way.

"I kept telling her to breathe and that her daughter was going to be OK," Vogel said. "I kept trying to calm her down because she was obviously very scared."

The young girl, from Brooklyn, is said to be recovering well and is in a stable condition in hospital.

One of the other victims, Magrinat, said that she was shot while visiting Times Square with her family, including her two-year-old daughter.

She said that she was shocked that after the shooting, people began recording on their phones rather than helping.

"I was on the floor and a group just surrounded me, all with their phones recording. I understand people get in shock.

"But if you’re in shock, you shouldn’t be recording. But that’s how people are right now."

Magrinat said she heard an argument breaking out while her family was waiting to go into the Line Friends store on Broadway.

Moments later, she was struck by a stray bullet after shots were fired, with the suspect allegedly aiming for his brother.

She explained: "Everything was so fast, but the shooting started – and the first shot went to my leg."

Hundreds of terrified shoppers and tourists ran for their lives as the wounded Wendy tried to get her family to safety, "but couldn't."

"The pain was too much, and I dropped to the floor."

"I felt really dizzy, and I was losing blood and I just started screaming, ‘I got shot! I got shot! I don’t want to die!'

"All I kept thinking was, 'I have a two-year-old child – it could have been her,' or it was possible I’d never get to see her again."

She commended the "amazing" NYPD officers who rushed to her and the other victim's aid.

All the victims are expected to recover from their injuries.

After the shooting, cops approached a man nearby in Manhattan who they believed resembled the suspect.

That man reportedly told them, "I'm his brother," according to the New York Post.

NYPD officers on the scene recovered three .25 caliber shell casings.

    Source: Read Full Article