Prince Harry to stay at Frogmore Cottage with Princess Eugenie when he returns to the UK to unveil Princess Diana statue

PRINCE Harry will stay at Covid-secure Frogmore Cottage with cousin Eugenie and her husband when he returns to the UK.

The house has been split into two so the Duke of Sussex can stick to isolation rules while he is there ahead of the unveiling of the Princess Diana statue.

🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates

Eugenie, 31, and hubby Jack Brooksbank, 35, have been living at the cottage with their newborn baby August since Harry and Meghan moved to the US.

But the Grade II-listed home has now been divided into two separate self-contained cottages.

The Duke will have to isolate there for at least five days before testing negative for Covid for the statue unveiling on July 1.

Frogmore — which is in the grounds of Windsor Castle — has been prepped for Harry’s return over the past few days.

An insider said: “The building was originally five different cottages before it was given to Harry and Meghan.

“They spent a lot of money getting it into shape for their family — before quitting for California.

“Eugenie and Jack were handed the keys last year and told they could use it while Harry and Meghan were in America.

“The cottage is now literally split into two, meaning Harry can isolate in one half of the house without ever coming into contact with his cousin and her family.

“It has been set up for his return after last-minute plans seemed to work when he was back for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral in April.”

Palace aides are bracing themselves for Harry’s return from California for the unveiling event at Kensington Palace after his outbursts against his stunned family.

Harry, still furious after his honorary titles were removed in the Megxit settlement, will isolate before standing shoulder to shoulder with brother Prince William.

It will be the first time the warring siblings have met since Harry made fresh allegations against his family in documentary The Me You Can’t See.

In the series with US chat host Oprah Winfrey, the Duke stunned royals by accusing them of “neglect”, claiming he was “trapped” in the family and blasting dad Prince Charles’s parenting.

He also said on a podcast that he took his family to the US to “break the cycle” of “pain and suffering” when raising his children.

And he shocked the royals by “telling, not asking” The Queen that he would call his new daughter Lilibet — Her Majesty’s childhood nickname used by Prince Philip.

But warring siblings Wills, 39, and Harry, 36, have called a truce ahead of the emotional reunion for their mother’s statue unveiling.

There are currently no plans for Harry to meet Prince Charles, who is said to be in Scotland when the ceremony takes place.

The Queen is also expected to be away when her grandson arrives back in the country.

She gifted the couple Frogmore Cottage in April 2018 ahead of their Windsor wedding.

They came under fire after spending £2.4million of taxpayers’ money on renovations then quitting royal duty to live in the US.

Last year, Harry said he had paid back the money in full.

  • THE royals posted birthday messages online yesterday for Prince William as he turned 39.


    Source: Read Full Article