Police officers rugby tackle drug dealer after high-speed car chase

Dramatic moment police officers rugby tackle fleeing drug dealer to the floor after high-speed car chase

  • Timothy Glover, 32, tackled to the ground by police in Bulwell, Nottinghamshire 
  • Police cars chased him for nine minutes as he dangerously jumped red lights
  • Officers found cannabis on him as well as bags of drugs in his car and his house
  • He was jailed for five years and banned from driving for four-and-a-half years 

A drug dealer was rugby tackled to the ground when he tried to make a run for it after a high-speed car chase. 

Police body-worn camera footage shows officers in pursuit of Timothy Glover’s car as he jumps red lights and careers the wrong way around bollards in Bulwell, Nottinghamshire. 

After a nine-minute car chase, the 32-year-old’s silver Vauxhall Zafira comes to a stop after police deploy a stinger and his tyres burst. 

Timothy Glover, 32, was tackled to the ground by police officers in Bulwell, Nottinghamshire, after a nine-minute police chase

In a bid to evade the police he scrambles out of his car before being hauled to the ground by officers on a street outside a row of shops.

One officer shouts to his colleagues: ‘Camera’s on! The camera’s on!’ while others handcuffed him on the pavement.  

When he was searched he had cannabis and cash in his pockets. 

Police also found 80 deal bags of cannabis hidden under the seat and another bag of the drugs.

The drug dealer jumped red lights and drove around bollards the wrong way in an attempt to evade the police

Police searched Glover and found cannabis and cash in his pockets. Cannabis was also in his car and in his home

More cannabis was found when police searched his home in Bestwood, Nottinghamshire.

Glover admitted four charges of possession with intent to supply cannabis and further charges of dangerous driving, driving without insurance and driving otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence.

He was jailed for five years and banned from driving for four-and-a-half years at Nottingham Crown Court on Tuesday.

The court heard officers were on duty on the Bestwood Estate on March 22 when they were made aware of a Vauxhall Zafira being driven by Glover.

Glover pulled over in Hartcroft Road, after officers had turned on their blue lights, but then sped off as they were getting out of their car.

Following a nine-minute pursuit Glover’s car came to a stop in Main Street, Bulwell, after a stinger was deployed.   

Source: Read Full Article