- Sydney’s northern beaches went into lockdown from 5pm on Saturday after the Avalon cluster continued to grow. The lockdown will last until at least midnight on Wednesday
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has asked the rest of Sydney to stay home. She also flagged the possibility of broader restrictions
- Victoria has deemed the northern beaches a “red zone” and will force any residents who arrive from the Sydney hotspot to enter lockdown. SA has banned anyone who visited Avalon Bowlo or the Avalon RSL from entering the state. Tasmania as also introduced restrictions on NSW visitors
- Western Australia is pressuring NSW to enforce tougher COVID-19 restrictions
- The global death toll from the coronavirus has passed 1.66 million. More than 75 million people have been infected worldwide
Northern beaches cluster grows
Hello and welcome to Sunday's live COVID-19 blog.
We didn't want to ever have to type that again, but here we are.
We will keep you updated throughout the day on all the coronavirus news affecting Sydney and the rest of the country.
You can catch up on yesterday's events in our archived Saturday blog here.
Most Viewed in National
Source: Read Full Article