'Agitated & impatient' Tiger Woods ‘nearly smashed into director’s car’ leaving LA resort moments before horror crash

TIGER Woods almost smashed into a TV director's car as he left an LA resort moments before his horror crash on Tuesday, The Sun can reveal.

The golf legend, 45, was staying at the plush Terreana resort where crew for the show 'Grown-ish' were based for filming and was said to be running late for a lesson with two NFL stars.

According to TMZ, Woods was in rush when he left the resort with other members on the TV set saying he seemed "agitated and impatient" as he drove off.

The source said when Woods entered his car to get away, he had to wait as another car blocked his while it loaded luggage.

Once the car moved, Woods "took off fast."

Speaking to The Sun, a crew member said staffers were left shaken after Woods nearly hit the car being driven by the show's director as he dashed away

"He really did nearly hit the director's car, too, when he left this morning, which shook us up because of Tiger crashing his car before", the source said.

They added "it's just a coincidence" that Woods was staying at the Terraneain Rancho Palos Verdes along with the Freeform show's crew, as he "isn't part of the production at all."

They added: "When we arrived here yesterday some of the guys were talking about Tiger staying here, too, and they were quite excited about it."

Upon hearing that minutes after their encounter with Woods, the star athlete had been involved in a severe crash, the staffer said the whole set was affected.

"We're upset by what's happened," they said. "Tiger's surgery sounds major from what we've heard."

The 15-time major winner cheated death as the life-saving airbags deployed in his Geneis courtesy car after it careered off the road at high speed and flipped several times just after 7am, LA officials said,

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said the front end and bumper of Woods' vehicle were "totally destroyed."

“The interior was more or less intact, which gave him the cushion to survive, otherwise it would have been a fatal crash," he said.

Woods was conscious but "he was not able to get up, no, that was not an option," Villanueva added.

Woods was transported in stable condition with serious injuries to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center because he was extracted from the vehicle and it was the closest trauma center to the crash site, Osby said.

Anish Mahajan, the center's Chief Medical Officer, said: "Mr Woods suffered significant orthopedic injuries to his right leg extremity that were treated during emergency surgery by Orthopedic trauma specialists at Harbor-UCLA Medical Centre, a level 1 trauma center."

The sports legend also suffered fractures to his upper and lower tibia and fibula, which were stabilised with a rod, he added.

Screws and pins were used on other injuries on his foot and ankle bones, the statement added.

Other injuries included trauma to the muscle and soft tissue of the leg.

Los Angeles County Fire Department Chief Daryl Osby said a pry bar and ax were used to extract Woods from the vehicle.

Osby said Woods "was able to communicate and he was conscious, I’ll leave it at that."

According to Golf Digest, Woods was then supposed to arrive at the Riviera Golf Course at 7:30AM for a photo shoot.

He was also set to give Drew Brees lessons.

The resort is about an hour away from the golf course.

Source: Read Full Article