The Crown to air Dianas Martin Bashir interview despite Williams protests

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Princess Diana's famed Panorama interview with Martin Bashir will reportedly be featured in the upcoming season of The Crown.

The fan-favourite show will reportedly highlight the BBC reporter's "dishonest" behaviour in obtaining the sit down chat with the Princess of Wales.

A report issued by Lord Dyson showed that Bashir deceived Earl Spencer to secure the bombshell interview with his sister.

Published in late May, it found that Bashir was in a "serious breach" of BBC guidelines and acted inappropriately by producing fake bank statements to obtain the interview.

Now a source close to the show, which is written by Peter Morgan, has claimed "scripts are already out there" not only for the fifth series, but also season six, which will be the final one.

The insider told The Telegraph: "It has all been written. Peter works very closely with the historical research team who spent weeks poring over the Panorama stuff.

"This was a year ago. The team were doing the most incredible research and they’ve got it all in there: the build up to the interview, how Bashir effectively groomed Diana, the interview itself, and the aftermath are all factored in over more than one episode.”

OK! Online has approached Netflix for further comment.

It comes after 36 year old Prince Harry and Prince William criticised the BBC over the “deceitful” interview with Diana, following a report into the BBC’s practices around gaining it.

Prince William, 38, said: “It brings indescribable sadness to know that the BBC’s failures contributed significantly to her fear, paranoia and isolation that I remember from those final years with her.

"But what saddens me most, is that if the BBC had properly investigated the complaints and concerns first raised in 1995, my mother would have known that she had been deceived.She was failed not just by a rogue reporter, but by leaders at the BBC who looked the other way rather than asking the tough questions."

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Meanwhile the Duke of Sussex said in a separate statement: “Our mother was an incredible woman who dedicated her life to service. She was resilient, brave and unquestionably honest.

“The ripple effect of a culture of exploitation and unethical practices ultimately took her life.”

Despite the backlash, Bashir has insisted Princess Diana "wanted" to speak to him. In a candid interview, the BBC journalist said he was "deeply sorry" to the royal brothers and "never wanted to harm Diana in any way and I don't believe we did."

Netflix

  • Love Is Blind spoof 'Love Is Quarant…
  • Netflix's 15 most binge-worthy serie…
  • What is a Netflix Party? How you can…
  • The Crown cast film new scenes for f…

Speaking to The Sunday Times, he said: “Everything we did in terms of the interview was as she wanted, from when she wanted to alert the palace, to when it was broadcast, to its contents … My family and I loved her.”

The BBC journalist also shared his sadness over the Princes’ loss of their mother, following her tragic death in 1997.

“I can’t imagine what their family must feel each day,” he said. “Although I know a little of that myself having lost a brother and father prematurely.”

Source: Read Full Article