Strictly Come Dancing’s Gorka Marquez speaks out on his future on show

Last week professional dancer Neil Jones ‘confirmed’ that Strictly Come Dancing 2020 would return later this year despite a number of BBC shows being suspended amid the ongoing coronavirus panic. However, professional dancer Gorka Marquez, has revealed what the future really holds for Strictly Come Dancing 2020 and his role on the show. 

Strictly favourites Neil Jones, Anton Du Beke and Gorka Marquez joined Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on This Morning recently to discuss the BBC show. 

A number of BBC and ITV shows have been suspended in the last week in a bid to slow the spread of coronavirus, but also to keep the cast and crew safe. 

Last week the government implemented new guidelines advising everyone to stay at home unless absolutely necessary. 

However, during an Instagram Q&A last week, Neil Jones said the show would go ahead and they would continue to listen to the government advice. 

READ MORE

  • Stacey Dooley: Kevin Clifton’s partner talks ‘cringe’ Strictly curse

Holly began on This Morning: “Gorka, I was really pleased to hear that you are coming back.”

Gorka explained: “Yeah, hopefully. We just got told we are back on the show so now we just need to wait for the line-up and see what happens but hopefully, we’ll see.

“But I’ve been around like last year. I was in the group numbers but it was nice because I got to spend a lot of time with Mia but also got to see everyone happy at work.”

Gorka has a baby with Strictly Come Dancing 2017 contestant Gemma Atkinson. 

The two met on the set of Strictly three years ago when Gemma was partnered with Aljaž Skorjanec and Gorka was partnered with Alexandra Burke.

They now have baby Mia together and Gorka told Holly and Phillip: “I think it’s the best thing in life (being a parent), humans growing every day. I feel I am back to being a child with Mia.”  

The professional dancers were all announced two weeks ago but the celebrities are still unknown. 

This year’s professionals will be AJ Pritchard, Aljaž Škorjanec, Amy Dowden, Anton Du Beke, Dianne Buswell and Giovanni Pernice.

DON’T MISS…
Strictly’s Seann: Fallout from kiss sent me over edge [REVEALED]
Matt Tebbutt: Saturday Kitchen host reacts to Anton Du Beke’s jibe [TV ROW]
AJ Pritchard: ‘It’s a relief to quit’ Strictly pro speaks out [SHOCK]

They’ll be joined by Gorka Marquez, Graziano Di Prima, Janette Manrara, Johannes Radebe, Karen Hauer, Katya Jones, Luba Mushtuk, Nadiya Bychkova, Nancy Xu, Neil Jones, and Oti Mabuse.

Despite Strictly bosses not announcing this year’s celebrities yet, there have been a few that have hinted at joining the show. 

Made in Chelsea star Spencer Matthews has opened up about Strictly and hinted that maybe it is his time to take to the dancefloor.

READ MORE

  • Anton Du Beke to quit Strictly Come Dancing after cruel blow?

Spencer explained to Express.co.uk: “I’m very competitive which helps, but you have to be committed to learning new things along the way if you want to succeed.”

But with the 2020 series of Strictly Come Dancing is fast approaching and fans are patiently waiting to hear which celebrities will be taking part.

Spencer revealed: “My wife, Vogue, actually appeared on the Australian version of Dancing With the Stars.

“So I’m sure she would be happy to see me do something along the same lines.

“I think she’d be a great support if I was on the show.”

Strictly Come Dancing will return on BBC One later this year. 

Source: Read Full Article