Four in a Bed fans usually love the Channel 4 series for the scenic shots of the countryside and the jokey rivalry between contestants.
But one episode this week took a terrifying turn, as an unsuspecting contestant was rushed to hospital after suffering a horrific allergic reaction.
In a repeated episode from 2017, Connor Richardson of The Red Lion Coaching Inn munched on a bowl of porridge – only to realise the breakfast treat contained hazelnuts.
The B&B owner, who was participating in the series with his mum Trish, was immediately rushed to the doctors, needing urgent medical attention.
Connor had been staying at a rival B&B at the time, renting a room at The Schiehallion in Scotland as he compared their hosting skills.
However, after a pleasant stay at the hotel, Connor – who is allergic to nuts – fell ill during breakfast, leaving his mum Trish terrified.
Realising he had eaten hazelnuts, he could be heard saying "oh my god…oh my god," as his throat closed up.
Fearing the worst, Trish exclaimed: "It is actually very serious this guys. Connor has a nut allergy. Can somebody take him to the doctors?"
The B&B manager was quick to apologise over the mishap, as owner Julie remarked that a "mistake was made in the kitchen".
Trish later gave her scores for the stay, knocking back marks after the terrifying health scare and leaving Julie with just four out of 10 for her breakfast offering.
Concerned for her son, she explained: "When you have allergies it can be life-threatening."
Thankfully, Connor made a full recovery and managed to return to filming later in the production, joining his mum for their next B&B stay.
Julie revealed, in normal circumstances, she wouldn't charge for the room if such an unfortunate incident were to occur.
Four in a Bed airs on weekdays and weekends on Channel 4 and More 4.
Source: Read Full Article