Boy, 9, weeps with joy at first McDonald’s meal after months of lockdown – The Sun

HEARTWARMING footage shows a nine-year-old breaking down in tears as his mother surprises him with his first McDonald's since the start of Singapore's lockdown.

Mum Wati filmed herself showing Adam Bin Mohammad Irwan, who has autism, a table laden with food from the chain after weeks stuck at home.



The clip opens with Atwi sat in her car and saying to the camera: "Hello guys.

"I'm [getting] McDonald's. It's a surprise!"

She buys the food and conceals it in plastic bags, though jokes: "I think the smell will give it away".

She then leads Adam through the home and into the dining room.

Adam initially thinks his mum is playing a prank, so begins to run around the table and shriek before spotting the food.

He then begins to cry before running back and giving his mum a hug.

"I thought you wanted to scare me," he says.

"I didn't want to scare you!" she says.

"I wanted to surprised you. Look, what is it?"

"McDonald's," he says.

Adam is then seen eating from a box of chicken nuggets.

Wati later shared the video to Facebook, where it has been viewed over 73,000 times.

Reacting to the clip, one user wrote: "This boy's genuine reaction is enough to move anyone's heart."

She said that McNuggets with fries and ice cream was Adam's favourite meal, adding that his "overreaction" was caused by his sensory sensitivity and mild autism.

Lockdown was first imposted in Singapore on April 7, and all McDonald's outlets have been closed since April 19.


Source: Read Full Article

Prince Charles Shares His First Video Message Since His Coronavirus Diagnosis

Prince Charles is sharing his support for older citizens across the United Kingdom as the effects of the coronavirus continue to sweep the globe.

On Wednesday, the Prince of Wales took to the Clarence House Instagram to give a brief update on his recovery since testing positive for the novel virus in March. He also vocalized his support of his patronage Age UK, as older citizens worldwide are needing to take extra precaution amid the ongoing health crisis.

“Having recently gone through the process of contracting this coronavirus—luckily, with relatively mild symptoms—I now find myself on the other side of the illness, but still in no less a state of social distance and general isolation,” Charles read aloud. “As we are all learning, this is a strange, frustrating, and often distressing experience when the presence of family and friends is no longer possible, and the normal structures of life are suddenly removed. At such an unprecedented and anxious time in all our lives, my wife and I are thinking particularly of all those who have lost their loved ones in such very difficult and abnormal circumstances, and of those having to endure sickness, isolation, and loneliness.”

“As patron of Age UK, and my wife the patron of Silver Line, our hearts go out to all those older people throughout this country who are now experiencing great difficulty. However, we also know that in every community up and down this land, where people of all ages are being affected by this virus, there are truly wonderful neighbors, individuals, and groups of volunteers who are providing ceaseless care and attention to those most at risk, and that all this network of selfless assistance is, in itself, helping to provide vital support and reassurance to the hard-pressed professional services,” continued Charles.

“And at a time when doctors, nurses, and all the vital ancillary staff that form the backbone of our remarkable NHS are increasingly under such enormous strain and risk, as they battle heroically to save lives in intensive care centers and to contain, as much as possible, the spread of this virus, our thoughts and prayers are very much with those marvelous people whose extraordinary skills and utter, selfless devotion to duty and the care of their patients make us so very proud.”

Earlier this week, it was announced that Charles was no longer in self-isolation a week after testing positive for the virus, which aligns with government guidelines. His wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, is to remain in self-isolation until the end of this week to ensure she does not show any symptoms of the virus. Charles’s sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, are self-quarantining with their families separately at Anmer Hall in Sandringham and Los Angeles, California, respectively.

Source: Read Full Article