THE big one is back!
Cheltenham Festival – the biggest event in Jumps racing – returns 12 months on… with a heck of a lot having happened since the last one.
These days we're stuck to watching the racing at home.
But will that change in time for the Festival? Read on to find out all you need to know about Cheltenham Festival 2021.
When is Cheltenham Festival 2021?
Cheltenham Festival lasts four days.
This year it starts on Tuesday March 16 and finishes on Friday March 19.
OFFERS OF THE DAY
Betfair: Bet £10, get £40 in free bets (£20 now, £20 during Cheltenham) – CLAIM HERE
Paddy Power: Bet £5 on racing, get £40 in free bets (£20 now, £20 during Cheltenham) – CLAIM HERE
Betfair: Min stake £10, min odds 2.0 (Evs). Only deposits made using Cards or ApplePay will qualify. Free bets valid for 30 days, x1 £20 free bet awarded at bet settlement, x1 £20 awarded at 10am Mon 15th March. T&Cs apply. 18+ Begambleaware.org
Paddy Power: New Customer Offer. Place a £5 single racing bet, min odds 1/5 (1.2) and get £20 in free bets. You will also get an additional £5 in free bets for each day of the Cheltenham festival (£40 in total). Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. Free bets will be awarded after the qualifying bet has been settled and are valid for 30 days. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply. 18+ Begambleaware.org
Who are the Gold Cup runners?
Entries for the 2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup have been announced.
Al Boum Photo will be going for his third Gold Cup in a row and he heads the list of entries, as well as being 3-1 favourite.
The other runners entered are below. This list will be cut five days before the race and again 48 hours before.
7-1 A Plus Tard
8-1 Minella Indo, Royale Pagaille, Santini
14-1 Frodon, Kemboy
20-1 Allaho, Delta Work, Lostintranslation, Melon, Presenting Percy, Waiting Patiently
25-1 Cyrname, Imperial Aura
33-1 Bristol De Mai, Monalee, Native River, Saint Calvados, Samcro
40-1 Burrows Saint, Master Tommytucker, Vinndication, Yorkhill
50-1 Acapella Bourgeois, Battleoverdoyen, Itchy Feet, Lake View Lad, Mister Malarky, Real Steel, Shattered Love, Simply The Betts, Terrefort, The Conditional
66-1 Aso, Black Op, Lord Du Mesnil, Magic Of Light
80-1 Spyglass Hill
What are the races?
- 13:20 The Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle Race
- 13:55 The Sporting Life Arkle Challenge Trophy Steeple Chase
- 14:30 The Ultima Handicap Steeple Chase
- 15:05 The Unibet Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (feature race)
- 15:40 The Close Brothers Mares’ Hurdle Race
- 16:15 The Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Race
- 16:50 The National Hunt Steeple Chase Challenge Cup (Amateur Riders’ Novices’ Steeple Chase)
- 13:20 The Ballymore Novices' Hurdle Race
- 13:55 The Brown Advisory Novices’ Steeple Chase
- 14:30 The Coral Cup Hurdle (A Handicap Hurdle Race)
- 15:05 The Betway Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase (feature race)
- 15:40 The Glenfarclas Cross Country Steeple Chase
- 16:15 The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Steeple Chase Challenge Cup
- 16.50 The Weatherbys Champion Bumper (A Standard Open NH Flat Race)
- 13:20 The Marsh Novices’ Chase
- 13:55 The Pertemps Network Final
- 14:30 The Ryanair Steeple Chase (feature race)
- 15:05 The Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle
- 15:40 The Paddy Power Plate (A Handicap Steeple Chase)
- 16:15 The Mares Novices’ Hurdle
- 16:50 Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup (sponsored by the JRL Group)
13:20 The JCB Triumph Hurdle
13:55 The McCoy Contractors County Handicap Hurdle Race
14:30 The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Race
15:05 The WellChild Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase (feature race)
15:40 The St. James’s Place Festival Challenge Cup Open Hunters' Steeple Chase
16:15 The Mrs Paddy Power Mares' Steeple Chase
16:50 Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
What TV channel will Cheltenham be on?
TV punters were given a big boost as ITV Racing announced they would be showing six races from each day for the first time.
Coverage usually ends after the fifth race each afternoon, but thanks to a new agreement between right holders, punters are in for a special treat.
The move is for one year only with the increasing likelihood the meeting will be held entirely behind closed doors.
Each day's first race will now go off at an earlier than usual 1.20pm so that ITV can go off air by 4pm.
Will fans be in attendance?
Almost certainly not – and it looks like even owners could be barred from going.
This is due to strict coronavirus guidelines.
Cheltenham Festival 2020 was one of the last events before country was plunged into its first lockdown.
And though bosses have not definitively ruled out what will happen, with cases and deaths still high all over the country it is all but certain this year's Festival will be behind closed doors.
FREE BETS GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article