ISRAEL ADESANYA puts his UFC middleweight championship on the line as he clashes with Paulo Costa in the octagon tonight.
A war of words have erupted between the two fighters as both look to inflict the first defeat on each other.
- Start time UK: 1am (prelims), 3am (main card)
- TV/Live stream: BT Sport 1/BT Sport app
The fightcard sees a set of fascinating bouts across the different weight divisions. Along with the main fight, viewers can also witness:
- Dominick Reyes vs. Jan Blachowicz – Light Heavyweight
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Zubaira Tukhugov – Featherweight
- Kai Kara-France vs. Brandon Royval – Flyweight
- Ketien Vieira vs. Sijara Eubanks – Women’s Bantamweight
- Diego Sanchez vs. Jake Matthews – Welterweight
- Brad Riddell vs. Alex Da Silva – Lightweight
- Shane Young vs. Ludovit Klein – Featherweight
- William Knight vs. Aleksa Camur – Light Heavyweight
- Juan Espino vs. Jeff Hughes – Heavyweight
- Khadis Ibragimov vs. Danilo Marques – Light Heavyweight
Follow all the latest with our live blog here from midnight…
Israel Adesanya is is odds-on to retain his middleweight title when he faces Paulo Costa at UFC 253.
The two unbeaten fighters will lock horns in the Octagon on Fight Island in Abu Dhabi this weekend.
According to Paddy Power, Adesanya is the firm favourite to win the title fight.
The 31-year-old brawler has 8/15 odds while Costa enters as the underdog with 6/4.
Costa, 29, left fans fearing he wouldn't make weight against Adesanya this week.
The Brazilian hardman looked fighting fit as he showed off his bulging muscles.
The UFC returns to Fight Island with a packed fight card.
Middleweight champion Israel Adesanya defends his belt against long time rival Paulo Costa.
The fight was due to take place earlier in the year, but Costa fell injured.
Adesanya hopes to defend his belt for the second time.
In the co-main event Dominick Reyes and Jan Jan Blachowicz face off for the light-heavyweight belt.
Jon Jones vacated the title to pursue a run at heavyweight.
For the first time since 2011, a fighter other than Jones or Daniel Cormier will be crowned king of the 205lb division.
UFC president Dana White is hopeful Jones can still fight UFC 253 headliner Adesanya.
White told TMZ Sports: “Jon hasn’t moved up to heavyweight yet.
“We don’t know what Jon’s gonna do.
“If you’re Jon Jones right now, you probably sit back and watch what happens this weekend, see who wins, how they win, and maybe make them defend the title and then you come back and try to regain it.”
Source: Read Full Article