Tyson Fury tests positive for coronavirus with Deontay Wilder trilogy fight OFF and 'pushed back to October 9'

TYSON FURY has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus meaning his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder is OFF.

There were reports last night of a Covid-19 outbreak in the Gypsy King's camp.

But now the WBC heavyweight king has contracted the virus.

Journalist Dan Rafael stated Fury, who is already in the United States, is displaying symptoms and feeling ill.

The reporter added assistant trainer Andy Lee, featherweight Isaac Lowe and former WBO heavyweight champ Joseph Parker also returned positive test results from the camp.

And that guarantees the fight cannot go ahead on July 24 as planned.

A new date is being targeted later in the year with October 9 the likely option because there are major events in both August and September already in the boxing calendar.

Fury and Wilder drew their first instalment before the British star crushed his American rival in their rematch in 2020 with a seventh-round knockout.

He was due to step into the ring in Las Vegas for fight No3 in a fortnight's time but will now need to self-isolate.

Promoter Eddie Hearn revealed Dillian Whyte is prepared to step in as a late replacement and fight Wilder instead.


It is understood Fury has had his first coronavirus vaccination but not his second jab.

Boxing insider Teddy Atlas said: "It looks like Fury actually has Covid.

"He had one shot. He didn't get both shots, both vaccines. And, it looks like he has the Covid."

Former WBC king Wilder is still training as if the fight is set to go ahead, saying on Thursday: "I don't care what the media's reporting… If this is supposed to be a distraction, we're not distracted at all."

A Top Rank statement last night said: “We continue to monitor the health status of Tyson and his team and the status of the event has not changed to date."

However, SunSport has contacted Fury's team for comment amid the latest developments.

More to follow…

    Source: Read Full Article