TESCO has slashed the price of Christmas vegetables to just 5p in stores with just one day to go.
One happy shopper took to Facebook to share the bargain deal which he spotted at Tesco’s Cradley Heath store.
The post, which was in the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK group, said: “5p veg, this is centrally priced so should be in every Tesco,” he said.
“Don’t shoot me if its not, this is Tesco Cradley Heath.”
Tesco hasn’t yet confirmed if the bargain bags are available in every store.
The Sun had a look online and couldn't see that the prices had been slashed there so it might be worth checking with your local store before heading out.
Here’s how to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from Money.co.uk about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bills:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – you are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
The supermarket has already reduced the price of festive veggies.
At the start of the month, the supermarket cut prices to 29p, including cauliflower.
But earlier this week, it dropped them to just 19p.
It means last minute shoppers can bag 2.5kg of full-sized potatoes, with 1kg of carrots, 500g of Brussels sprouts, 500g of parsnips and cauliflower for 29p.
Aldi is currently selling Christmas veg for 29p each, while Asda is offering 1kg bags of carrots and 500g bags of parsnips for 20p, down from their usual price (43p for the carrots and 49p for the parsnips).
If you’re hoping to make a trip to your local Tesco over the Christmas period, then it's a good idea to check store opening times, as they might vary over the festive season.
If you’re planning on shopping elsewhere, then we’ve rounded up the major supermarkets’ opening times.
To save big on Christmas shopping fillers, we’ve also compiled the ultimate list of festive treats for under a fiver.
Source: Read Full Article