Stephen Colbert said President Joe Biden is riding high as his coronavirus vaccination program surpasses projections.
“Our new president is on a roll, baby. Nothing can stop him now,” Colbert said, before throwing to a clip of Biden stumbling on the Air Force One stairs last week.
“Except stairs,” Colbert cracked, adding: “Can we blame it on the dog, Major? No? Do it anyway.”
The “Late Show” host also spotted a key difference between Biden’s stair incident and one involving his predecessor, Donald Trump.
“No toilet paper on his shoe, though,” Colbert said. “Progress!”
Here’s the 2018 moment Colbert referred to:
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
Source: Read Full Article