STORES including Debenhams, John Lewis and Zara have slashed prices by up to 70 per cent as they prepare to reopen today with mega sales.
Non-essential retailers are set to welcome back customers almost three months after the UK went into lockdown in March due to coronavirus.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
To help entice customers, big-name brands have already launched huge sales online with money off everything from clothing, make-up, homeware and kids' toys.
The biggest discount so far is up 70 per cent off clothing at John Lewis and H&M.
Meanwhile, shops including Debenhams, Matalan, Next and Topshop all have up to 50 per cent off sales online.
Primark, which doesn't offer online shopping, has said it won't launch a sale yet hundreds of keen shoppers queued to get into the retailer this morning.
The shops with sales already live
HERE are some of the top sales available right now:
- Debenhams: There is a big range on sale for up to 50 per cent off including mens, women's and kids fashion. There's also up to 30 per cent off homeware.
- H&M: Up to 70 per cent discounts are available on women's and mens clothes.
- House of Fraser: There's 30 per cent off selected fashion, beauty and homeware.
- John Lewis: You can get 50 per cent off a selection of clothes in the mens and women's sections. There's also 30 per cent off electricals.
- M&S: High street staple M&S has launched a 50 per cent off "Rainbow Sale" which includes selected items. There's also lots of other discounts including 20 per cent off shoes.
- Matalan: Women's, mens, children's and homeware are all included in Matalan's current up to 50 per cent off sale.
- Monsoon: At Monsoon there's up to 50 per cent off selected women's linen stock.
- New Look: There is an up to 50 per cent sale on summer styles.
- Next: The Next sale says its items are up to 50 per cent off or more.
- Scs: The retailer has launched a sofa sale to celebrate stores reopening, with up to 50 per cent off.
- Topshop: Up to 30 per cent has been knocked off summer styles at Topshop.
- Tu: There's up to 70 per cent off clothes at Tu including mens, women's, and children's wear.
- Wilko: There's up to 50 per cent off home and kitchenware.
If you're tempted by the sales, we'd still recommend shopping around to make sure you can't get a better deal elsewhere.
Use an online price comparison website such as Price Spy to check prices before handing over any cash.
Also keep in mind that you're only really saving money if you were already planning on buying that item anyway.
Beauty – up to 30 per cent off
House of Fraser has a 30 per cent off sale on certain beauty and fragrance products.
For example, it's selling a set of 50ml Cartier perfume and lotion for £53, down from £75.
While Debenhams is selling a makeup palette by Benefit for £19.50, down from £26, working out as 25 per cent off.
Zara has also reduced a 100ml bottle of the 420 Lincoln Road Miami Beach Florida fragrance to £6.99, down from £10.99.
Fashion and accessories – up to 70 per cent off
Lots of retailers have clothing sales on at the moment on children's, women's, and menswear.
For example, John Lewis has slashed the price of a men's denim jacket to £14.70, down from £49.
While, H&M is selling a buttoned skirt for £7, down from £24.99, working out as almost 72 per cent off.
Shoppers may also want to use the mega sales to stock up on accessories and handbags, with Zara selling a leopard print tote bag for £9.99, down from £17.99.
If you're after shoes, you can nab trainers at a 50 per cent discount from Adidas.
For example, the brand's Cloudfoam Ultimate shoes are currently up for grabs for £37.48, down from £74.95.
Garden furniture – up to 70 per cent off
Homebase currently has an up to 70 per cent off clearance sale, which includes this folding camping chair reduced by 46 per cent from £27.97 to £15.
It also has a slightly different camping chair reduced from £7.95 to £5.50, which is the cheapest price we could find online.
Homeware – up to 50 per cent off
John Lewis has slashed the price of a 4.5L Leon stock pot by just over 50 per cent, down to £17.
While Matalan has an up to 50 per cent off sale on clothing and homeware products, both online and in store.
It includes this children's double duvet set with two pillow cases reduced from £20 to £10.
Wilko has also launched a 50 per cent off sale, which includes a set of floor length curtains for £20, down from £40.
Plus, Scs has launched a sofa sale to celebrate that its stores are reopening, with discounts of up to 50 per cent.
Electricals – up to 30 per cent off
Both John Lewis and Very.co.uk have slashed the prices of electricals by up to 30 per cent.
For example, Very shoppers can nab Beats by Dr Dre headphones for £199, down from £269.
Or you can nab a 65" TV by LG for £1,299 at John Lewis, saving you £700 in the process.
Toys – up to 50 per cent off
Argos has a clearance sale on 606 toys and many have up to 50 per cent off, including the LOL Surprise fashion show on-the-go storage & playset.
This has been reduced for £25, down from £12.50.
Argos has also recently launched two for £15 and two for £30 on other toys.
While rival Smyths Toys has a clearance sale on 415 toys, including a Barbie doll with rainbow-coloured hair for £14.99, down from £19.99.
This costs £22.99 on Amazon, so you're better off by shopping at Smyths Toys.
Bounce Back Britain
IT’S high time Britain bounced back from lockdown — and The Sun aims to help you lead the way.
With shops reopening, sport relaunching and families joyfully reuniting from next week, our major new Bounce Back Britain campaign intends to put people, communities and businesses back on their feet.
Check out how we're doing it here.
Keen to shop? We round-up all the retailers that have reopened stores today.
The Sun had an exclusive first look inside a Primark store before it reopens its doors again.
For more behind the scenes stories on what retailers will look like after lockdown, check out how JD Sports is planning to reopen its 309 stores.
Source: Read Full Article