ROYAL ASCOT kicked off on June 16, delighting horse racing fans everywhere, but for the first time, the festival is taking place behind closed doors.
The coronavirus pandemic has meant the Queen will not be able to attend the five-day event for the first time in her 68-year reign.
- Read our Royal Ascot live blog for the latest news & updates
Here is everything you need to know about the meeting and how to watch all the action from the comfort of your own home.
The Sun will offer tips for each day's action, including betting tips, runners and full preview of Royal Meeting live on ITV.
And check out The Sun top tipster Templegate's best bits for Day One as the action gets underway.
What time is Royal Ascot 2020 on TV today?
All races will be shown live on Sky Sports Racing, with the broadcaster offering extensive coverage of the meeting.
ITV1 coverage will continue today (Wednesday, June 17, 2020) at 1.30pm.
Race two onwards and race three onwards on Saturday will be shown on ITV1.
How can I watch the races live?
Royal Ascot will be shown live on ITV throughout the UK as well as on social media and YouTube.
Racing fans can stream the action for free via the ITV Hub app or on the broadcaster’s website.
The broadcaster's coverage picks up with Race 2 each day and Race 3 on Saturday.
Additional coverage is also available on Sky Sports Racing and existing customers can stream races using the Sky Go app.
TalkSPORT2 will be broadcasting on radio every day from 1pm – 5pm.
There is also further commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live throughout the week.
What is the Royal Ascot racing schedule?
The running order for each day of Royal Ascot is as follows:
Day 1 – Tuesday 16 June
- 1.15pm The Buckingham Palace Stakes (Handicap) 3+ £35,000 Seven furlongs
- 1.50pm The Queen Anne Stakes (Group 1) 4+ £250,000 One mile
- 2.25pm The Ribblesdale Stakes (Group 2) 3 fillies £110,000 One mile, four furlongs
- 3.00pm The King Edward VII Stakes (Group 2) 3 colts & geldings £110,000 One mile, four furlongs
- 3.35pm The King's Stand Stakes (Group 1) 3+ £250,000 Five furlongs
- 4.10pm The Duke of Cambridge Stakes (Group 2) 4+ fillies & mares £100,000 One mile
- 4.40pm The Ascot Stakes (Handicap) 4+ £35,000 Two miles, four furlongs
Day 2 – Wednesday 17 June
- 1.15pm The Silver Royal Hunt Cup (Handicap) (A consolation race for the Royal Hunt Cup) 3+ £35,000 One mile
- 1.50pm The Hampton Court Stakes (Group 3) 3 £60,000 One mile, two furlongs
- 2.25pm The King George V Stakes (Handicap) 3 £60,000 One mile, four furlongs
- 3.00pm The Prince of Wales's Stakes (Group 1) 4+ £250,000 One mile, two furlongs
- 3.35pm The Royal Hunt Cup (Handicap) 3+ £75,000 One mile
- 4.10pm The Windsor Castle Stakes (Listed) 2 £40,000 Five furlongs
- 4.40pm The Copper Horse Stakes (Handicap) 4+ £35,000 One mile, six furlongs
Day 3 – Thursday 18 June
- 1.15pm The Golden Gates Stakes (Handicap) 3 £35,000 One mile, two furlongs
- 1.50pm The Wolferton Stakes (Listed) 4+ £50,000 One mile, two furlongs
- 2.25pm The Jersey Stakes (Group 3) 3 £60,000 Seven furlongs
- 3.00pm The Chesham Stakes (Listed) 2 £40,000 Seven furlongs
- 3.35pm The Gold Cup (Group 1) 4+ £250,000 Two miles, four furlongs
- 4.10pm The Britannia Stakes (Handicap) 3 colts & geldings £60,000 One mile
- 4.40pm The Sandringham Stakes (Handicap) 3 fillies £60,000 One mile
Day 4 – Friday 19 June
- 1.15pm The Palace of Holyroodhouse Stakes (Handicap) 3 £35,000 Five furlongs
- 1.50pm The Albany Stakes (Group 3) 2 fillies £45,000 Six furlongs
- 2.25pm The Norfolk Stakes (Group 2) 2 £50,000 Five furlongs
- 3.00pm The Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2) 4+ £125,000 One mile, four furlongs
- 3.35pm The Commonwealth Cup (Group 1) 3 colts & fillies £250,000 Six furlongs
- 4.10pm The Queen's Vase (Group 2) 3 £110,000 One mile, six furlongs
- 4.40pm The Duke of Edinburgh Stakes (Handicap) 3+ £60,000 One mile, four furlongs
Day 5 – Saturday 20 June
- 12.40pm The Silver Wokingham Stakes (Handicap) (A consolation race for the Wokingham Stakes) 3+ £35,000 Six furlongs
- 1.15pm The Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2) 2 fillies £50,000 Five furlongs
- 1.50pm The Coronation Stakes (Group 1) 3 fillies £250,000 Old mile
- 2.25pm The Coventry Stakes (Group 2) 2 £60,000 Six furlongs
- 3.00pm The St James's Palace Stakes (Group 1) 3 colts £250,000 Old Mile
- 3.35pm The Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Group 1) 4+ £250,000 Six furlongs
- 4.10pm The Wokingham Stakes (Handicap) 3+ £75,000 Six furlongs
- 4.40pm The Queen Alexandra Stakes (Conditions) 4+ £35,000 Two miles, six furlongs
Royal Ascot 2020 Day one results:
13.15 The Buckingham Palace Stakes 1.15pm (7f)
- Motakhayyel 14/1
- Jack’s Point 66/1
- Mutamaasik 7/1
- Cliffs Of Capri 20/1
- Shelir 22/1
- Ebury 18/1
13.50 Queen Anne Stakes 1.50pm (1m)
- Circus Maximus 4/1F
- Terebellum 5/1
- Marie’s Diamond 40/1
14.25 – Ribblesdale Stakes 2.25pm (1m4f)
- Frankly Darling 11/8F
- Ennistymon 11/1
- Passion 13/2
- Bharani Star 100/1
15.00 – King Edward VII Stakes 3pm (1m4f)
- Pyledriver 18/1
- Arthur’s Kingdom 9/2
- Mohican Heights 4/1
15.35 – King’s Stand Stakes 3.35pm (5f)
- Battaash 5/6F
- Equilateral 9/1
- Liberty Beach 4/1
16.10 – Duke Of Cambridge Stakes 4.10pm (1m)
- Nazeef 10/3
- Agincourt 28/1
- Queen Power 3/1 JF
- Iconic Choice 125/1
16.40 – Ascot Stakes 4.40pm (2m4f)
- Coeur de Lion 16-1
- Verdana Blue 4/1F
- Summer Moon 11/2
- Smart Champion 22/1
- Rochester House 18/1
- Land of Oz 6/1
Who are the racing presenters on ITV?
ITV racing presenter and pundit Ed Chamberlain will present each days coverage alongside Francesca Cumani.
Analysis will be provided by AP McCoy and Jason Weaver while commentary coems from Richard Hoiles.
Race reports will be delivered by Oli Bell, Brough Scott, Lucy Verasamy, Charlotte Hawkins, Mark Heyes and Matt Chapman.
Source: Read Full Article