Non-league match delayed after horror injury as keeper left in tears and fans scream for urgent medical attention | The Sun

SOUTHEND'S clash against Yeovil Town was forced to be delayed after a horror injury to Alex Fisher.

The Glovers striker, 32, was stretchered off the pitch after clashing with Shrimpers goalkeeper Collin Andeng Ndi.

After the incident, fans could be heard screaming for medical staff to give urgent attention to Fisher.

During his treatment, a line of stewards positioned themselves in front of the player in order to block the view of fans.

Images from the game appear to show the extent of Fisher's injury to his ankle.

Ndi was said to be supported by his team-mates as he was upset after the challenge with the striker.


I had to retire after a head clash – doctors had to drill a hole in my skull

I’m a former England midfielder… now I spend my days fishing carp

Fans were shocked by the injury as they took to social media.

One tweeted: "That is an awful injury for Alex Fisher. Wishing him all the best in his recovery."

Another wrote: "Just turned on to catch the incident involving Alex Fisher.

"Firstly, really hope Fisher is okay. Glad stewards blocked the view and gave Fisher space.

Most read in Football


Fans convinced Gabriel Jesus cheated to win Arsenal penalty vs Leeds


Inside Jack Grealish's staggering fortune as Man City star's earnings are revealed


Arsenal fans loving 'naughty talk' of TWO England midfielders joining


Fans slam Chelsea's 'shabby' treatment as Tuchel reveals brutality of axe

"Secondly, credit to Southend staff and players for getting around their young goalkeeper. Completely innocuous and unfortunate.

A third said: "Alex Fisher may have just broken his ankle. Not good for Yeovil."

A fourth added: "Speedy recovery to Alex Fisher. That's a horrendous-looking injury."

After six minutes, Fisher was replaced by Max Hunt, and the game was able to resume.

BT Sport have confirmed that the Yeovil star was taken to hospital.

Southend had taken the lead in the match after Jake Hyde opened the scoring in the 24th minute of the game.

And the three points were wrapped up in the 91st minutes when sub Rhys Murphy lashed home for a 2-0 win.

Source: Read Full Article