A mum was called a "legend" after sharing her secrets to creating a mega Christmas tree fail.
Australian Tracey left people in stitches after she typed out a guide on the popular Kmart Facebook group after getting it badly wrong.
Holding her hands up to the festive disaster, she showed the 300,000 members her affordable decoration.
The unashamed woman, from Queensland, shared a photo of her strange-looking tree with a hilarious explanation about how she got it so badly wrong.
“I have had many people ask for a tutorial video how to do your tree like this but I think a PDF step by step instructions guide will be sufficient,” Tracey joked.
“However I don’t have time for that so here you go…
"1. Lose the top part of your tree in a house move. Preferably in April as you don’t have the opportunity to go back to your local waste collection and search through your garbage once you realise you have thrown it out.
2. Have a son who wants to decorate the tree now and instead of waiting until you replace the tree.
3. Allow your son to use every decoration you have collected over the few years to throw onto said tree.
4. Sit back with a coffee for an hour in peace while your son is occupied decorating said tree.
5. (This is the most important part of the steps) DO NOT look on Kmart inspired homes at everyone’s beautiful trees they have created.
6. Question your life choices."
The fact that she got it so badly wrong left many paying tribute to her – and her sad tree.
One wrote: “You are a legend! More of us need to embrace moments in the way you did! Thanks for posting. Made my day! Have yourselves a Merry little Christmas.”
Another praised her calm approach.
They wrote: “I love it. It’s perfectly imperfect.. just like 2020. Well done on not sweating the small stuff and amen to the peace while you sipped your coffee.”
A third said: “I see nothing but pure perfection here.”
Source: Read Full Article