According to a lawyer for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the couple has received an apology from a photo agency that allegedly took pictures of their son Archie outside their home using drones.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who had sued the X17 agency over the images, were reportedly subjected to continuous harassment from paparazzi while living in Los Angeles at a secluded estate in Beverly Hills owned by entertainment mogul Tyler Perry.
RELATED: Meghan Markle & Prince Harry File Lawsuit Over Drone Photos of Archie
“We apologize to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their son for the distress we have caused,” X17 said in a statement. “We were wrong to offer these photographs and commit to not doing so again.”
Harry and Meghan had discovered that someone was shopping photos of Archie to media outlets, claiming they had been taken in public. In their complaint, the couple affirmed that their son had not been out in public since they arrived in Los Angeles. The photographs were nonetheless published in the German magazine Bunte.
On Thursday, the couple’s lawyer said the agency had apologized and agreed to pay their legal expenses. “Over the summer, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex took action against intrusive and illegal paparazzi photos taken of their family at a private residence,” Michael Kump, of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump LLP, said in a statement to PA Media.
“Today, the agency responsible for those photos — X17 — apologized and agreed to a permanent injunction and reimbursement of a portion of legal fees,” he added. “This is a successful outcome. All families have a right, protected by law, to feel safe and secure at home.”
Last year, Harry received “substantial damages” and an apology from Splash News, which had used a helicopter to take photos of the family’s home. The agency had reportedly chartered a helicopter to take pictures of the couple’s private home in the Cotswolds region of England.
At the time, Buckingham Palace issued a statement saying that the couple’s safety was endangered by such actions. The couple eventually left the home after the photos were published in several outlets, including The Times newspaper.
READ NEXT: Trump Says He’s ‘Not A Fan’ Of Meghan Markle After Royal Couple Encourages Voting
Source: Read Full Article