GERVONTA DAVIS and Ryan Garcia are just DAYS away from locking horns in the ring – and we've got all of the details for you ahead of fight night.
Davis and Garcia had been locked in negotiations for months over a fight set to be contested at a 136lbs catchweight.
Both men usually fight at the lightweight limit of 135lbs, but with no titles on the line, an extra pound of weight has been agreed by the fighters.
Davis is coming off a TKO win over Hector Garcia, having stopped Rolando Romero as well in his sole fight of 2022.
'King Ry' fought twice last year, beating Emmanuel Tagoe on points before bludgeoning Javier Fortuna in the sixth round.
Known as two of boxing's most fearsome punchers, Davis and Garcia will put their undefeated records on the line.
Results, upcoming fight dates for huge clashes including Davis vs Garcia
AJ hints at Fury fight, brawl breaks out with Bellew after bout FINISHES
When is Davis vs Garcia?
- Davis' huge clash with Garcia will take place this weekend on Saturday, April 22.
- The fight will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
- Ring-walks are expected to begin at 6:30am UK time and 11:30pm ET/8:30pm PST
Will it be shown on TV in the UK?
- Garcia vs Davis will be shown live on DAZN in the UK as part of your subscription.
- You can subscribe to DAZN in the UK for £9.99-a-month, which commits you to an entire year of action.
- A flexible pass, worth £19.99-a-month, is also available, and you can cancel anytime.
- You can also pay £99.99 for the year up front, and this is the lowest cost option.
- The fight is available for live streaming on your mobile or tablet device from the DAZN app.
- You can also watch DAZN 1 HD on Sky channel 429.
Davis vs Garcia card
Here are all the confirmed fights on the card so far:
- Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia
- David Morrell vs Sena Agbeko
- Bektemir Melikuziev vs Gabriel Rosado
- Elijah Garcia vs Kevin Salgado Zambrano
Most read in Boxing
Fury to hold talks over Zhang bout as he eyes mega-money fight in China
Joyce has to calm his fuming mum after she interrupts post-fight interview
Boxing fans want ‘shameful’ scorecards from Joyce defeat to Zhang 'investigated'
Wilder has the power to KILL opponents as Frampton issues grim warning to Joshua
What has been said?
Garcia said: "I chose to make this fight happen. I didn't put myself first. I put the boxing fans first.
"I put the sport itself first. I want to make an impact on this sport. I want to lead the charge. Nobody was willing to do it. Terence Crawford didn't want to do it. Errol Spence Jr. didn't want to do it. Nobody wanted to lead the charge, so I had to do it.
"I guess I'm doing it – the one that they didn't expect to do it. The one that's supposed to be scared. The one that's supposed to be a coward.”
Davis has said: “I know that it’s going to be tough. This fight is definitely going to be tough. But this is what we came to do. We want the big fights.
“I’ve been boxing since I was seven. I fought a lot coming up. I’m just happy to be a part of this moment and share the ring with a young fighter like Ryan Garcia who’s daring himself to be great.
“He talked his way into this fight. April 22 he’s going to have to show it.
“I think this is important because we’re both young. Both of us are at our peak."
Source: Read Full Article