Conor McGregor says Pacquiao fight 'looks like it will take place this year' as UFC star vows to win boxing world title

UFC star Conor McGregor has declared he will step back inside the squared circle this year to face WBA welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao.

The 32-year-old – who is preparing for his rematch against Dustin Poirier on January 23 – has stated he is desperate to win a boxing world title before he retires.

McGregor last competed in boxing in August 2017 when he was stopped by Floyd Mayweather in the tenth round.

The Notorious' boxing coach Phil Sutcliffe revealed earlier this week that there is a '85-90 per cent chance' he will fight Pac Man after his bout against Poirier.

And now McGregor has fuelled speculation that the pair will pit their wits against each other in 2021.

The match-up could be easy to make as the duo are both represented by Paradigm Sports Management.

Speaking to his personal website The Mac Life about the possibility of facing the 42-year-old, he said: "I know that talks are intensifying for [a fight] this year.

"I am excited for a Manny Pacquiao bout and it looks like it will happen this year.

"What time this year? I am not sure.

"We'll have to have some good discussions with Dana White and the UFC and see where it goes.

BETTING OFFER: CLAIM RISK FREE £20 BET WITH PADDY POWER


"I am open to it all, ready for it all.

"I will certainly attain a boxing world title before I call it a day.

"And I would be excited to do that against Emmanuel Pacquiao."

Source: Read Full Article