H.E.R, who led the nominations with eight, walks away with two trophy, whereas Monica secures Lady of Soul title and Brandy collects the coveted Certified honor.
AceShowbiz –Chris Brown was a four-time winner at the 2020 Soul Train Awards in Hollywood on Sunday night (November 29).
The singer was named the night’s Best R&B/Soul Male Artist while his “Go Crazy” collaboration with Young Thug nabbed Best Song, Best Collaboration, and Best Dance Performance.
- Halsey Accuses Grammys of Accepting Bribes in Response to 2021 Nomination Snub
- Mariah Carey Taps Ariana Grande, Jennifer Hudson, Snoop Dogg and More for Christmas Special
- George Harrison’s ‘All Things Must Pass’ Gets New Stereo Mix on Anniversary of His Death
- Bad Bunny Credits New Album for Preventing Him From Turning Into Zombie During Pandemic
H.E.R., who went into the ceremony as the leading nominee, with eight nods, picked up two – she was named Best R&B/Soul Female Artist, while her protest track “I Can’t Breathe” scored the Songwriter’s Award.
It was also a big night for former duet partners Monica and Brandy – Monica was named Lady of Soul and Brandy picked up the coveted Certified honour.
The full list of winners is:
- Best Album: “Over It” – Summer Walker
- Best Song: “Go Crazy” – Chris Brown & Young Thug
- Best Video: “Brown Skin Girl” – Beyonce Knowles, Blue Ivy, SAINt JHN & WizKid
- Lady of Soul: Monica
- Soul Train Certified: Brandy
- Best R&B/Soul Female Artist: H.E.R.
- Best R&B/Soul Male Artist: Chris Brown
- Best New Artist: Snoh Aalegra
- Songwriter’s Award: “I Can’t Breathe” – H.E.R.
- Rhythm & Bars: “Savage” – Megan Thee Stallion
- Best Collaboration: “Go Crazy” – Chris Brown & Young Thug
- Best Dance Performance: “Go Crazy” – Chris Brown & Young Thug
- Best Gospel/Inspirational: Kirk Franklin
Source: Read Full Article