7am Arsenal news LIVE: Rugani replacement for David Luiz, third kit LEAKED, Aubameyang and Partey transfer UPDATE – The Sun

ARSENAL got in the mood for their return to Premier League action against Man City with a 6-0 win over Charlton in a friendly at the Emirates as Eddie Nketiah scored a hat-trick.

And the Gunners have received a boost in their pursuit of a new centre-back with Daniele Rugani potentially set to join them or Wolves after falling out of favour under Maurizio Sarri at Juventus.

Follow all the latest updates from North London below…

  • MORNING GUNNERS FANS

    Arsenal will again have the opportunity to sign Daniele Rugani this summer as the defender has fallen out of favour under Maurizio Sarri at Juventus.

    The Gunners were reportedly keen on signing the centre-back last year and only opted for David Luiz once it was clear that he was not available.

    But Luiz is not set to agree a new deal as Arsenal look for an upgrade.

    However, they will face stiff competition from Wolves with Nuno Espirito Santo seeing Rugani as an ideal defender for his 3-5-2 system.

    Meanwhile, Arsenal scouts who discovered a string of top, young stars have been booted out by EMAIL as bean-counters at The Emirates get tough amid the club's biggest ever financial crisis.

    The TEN senior spies – with decades of loyal service – who found Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith-Rowe, Ashley Niles-Maitland and Reiss Nelson, have been axed shortly after youth recruiters got the bullet.

    Finally, Arsenal will sell a host of flops including Mesut Ozil and Shkodran Mustafi this summer in monster firesale, according to reports.

    According to Goal, as well as Ozil and Mustafi, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Rob Holding and Sead Kolasinac could also be on the way out.

  • EXCLUSIVE BY ANDREW DILLON

    Premier League stars are growing increasingly worried because their coronavirus testers are not tested themselves.

    Players and staff at every club are tested at close quarters twice a week to try to contain the virus and enable the season to restart a week on Wednesday.

    Up to 60 are carried out per club at any one time at training grounds by medics using swabs while wearing full personal  protective equipment.

    Even so, some players worry that the people  carrying this out still pose a risk of infection.

    A source told SunSport: “When the testing is done, the testers then leave the training grounds and go about their daily lives. That exposes them to infection before they return for the next round of testing.

    “Some players have even asked the visiting medics whether they are tested and the answer they got was that, ‘We don’t need to be’. That’s not stopped some players from being concerned.

    “Those testers may stop off on their way home to fill up with petrol, go to a supermarket, meet other people and that hikes up the risk factor.”

  • RUN RABIOT RUN

    Everton are reportedly in pole position to land Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

    The Frenchman has been strongly linked with Man Utd in recent times.

    Arsenal and Chelsea are also thought to be interested in his services.

    But Tuttosport says Everton are ready to sign Rabiot in a deal worth nearly £27million.

  • KOUL STORY BRO

    Napoli are insisting on receiving their £100million asking price in full if they are to sell Kalidou Koulibaly this summer.

    That represents a huge blow to suitors Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

    Napoli's sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli said: “Kalidou is a great player, who still has a long contract with us.

    “If we were to sell, the club could ask for a large sum.

    “A player like this cannot change his value even in a crisis, so we are not moving our valuation.”

  • BETTER CALL SAUL

    Man Utd are reportedly “very close” to securing a £71million deal for Saul Niguez.

    Reports from across Europe have now claimed Manchester United are close to completing the deal despite interest from Chelsea and Arsenal.

    It is said that he will make the move to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side at the end of the season.

    Niguez has a huge £130million release clause as part of his contract with Atletico Madrid.

    But due to a financial meltdown caused by the coronavirus, they are prepared to take just accept just over half of that.

  • LIVE A LITTLE

    Liverpool are two wins away from winning the title – and no one will be able to claim they have paid their way to the top.

    New statistics show Manchester City's net spend over the last five years is nearly six times more than Liverpool's.

  • NEVER SAY NEVES

    Spurs boss Jose Mourinho is plotting a swoop for Ruben Neves, according to reports. 

    Man Utd are also thought to be interested in the Portuguese midfielder.

    Wolves are reluctant to let Neves leave.

    But should he go, they could sign former Everton man Idrissa Gueye from PSG as a replacement.

    Chelsea and Arsenal have also shown an interest in Neves in the past.

  • BACK OF THE NKET

    The moment Eddie Nketiah netted his hat-trick for Arsenal against Charlton.

    Full highlights of the match are available on the official club website now.

  • SHOW ME THE MONEY!

    Most Premier League owners are desperate for football to come back so they can lessen the financial impact of Covid-19.

    But most of them probably won't end up destitute given their enormous personal wealth.

  • HE DOESN'T LEN THOSE IN

    Bernd Leno was in excellent form yesterday as Arsenal thrashed Charlton 6-0 in a warm-up game.

  • GUNNER BE LEAVING

    Eleven players who could be leaving Arsenal this summer, according to various recent reports.

  • HOLD THE PORT

    The Champions League could be played out in a mini-tournament in Portugal, according to reports.

    It emerged last week the final might be moved from Istanbul and now it appears the whole tournament could be played out in Lisbon, according to German outlet Bild.

    German city Frankfurt are also said to be in the running.

    Uefa are likely to announce the plans for the tournament after their meeting on June 17.

  • PULLING THE RUG

    Arsenal will again have the opportunity to sign Daniele Rugani this summer as the defender has fallen out of favour under Maurizio Sarri at Juventus.

    The Gunners were reportedly keen on signing the centre-back last year and only opted for David Luiz once it was clear that he was not available.

    But Luiz is not set to agree a new deal as Arsenal look for an upgrade.

    However, they will face stiff competition from Wolves with Nuno Espirito Santo seeing Rugani as an ideal defender for his 3-5-2 system.

  • OUT ON YOUR ARSENAL

    Arsenal will sell a host of flops including Mesut Ozil and Shkodran Mustafi this summer in monster firesale, according to reports.

    According to Goal, as well as Ozil and Mustafi, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Rob Holding and Sead Kolasinac could also be on the way out.

  • STAT ATTACK

    Arsenal's Premier League stats ahead of football's return on June 17.

  • SCOUT OF ORDER

    Arsenal scouts who discovered a string of top, young stars have been booted out by EMAIL as bean-counters at The Emirates get tough amid the club's biggest ever financial crisis.

    The TEN senior spies – with decades of loyal service – who found Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith-Rowe, Ashley Niles-Maitland and Reiss Nelson, have been axed shortly after youth recruiters got the bullet.

  • OH WHAT A THREELING

    Arsenal fans can now watch all of Eddie Nketiah's goals from yesterday's 6-0 thrashing of Charlton in a friendly.

  • ONE MORE YEAR

    Celtic have opened talks to extend Odsonne Edouard’s Celtic contract in a huge blow to Manchester United and Arsenal.

    The French striker has two years to run on his current deal and has been linked with a £30million move to the Premier League, with Leicester also interested.

    But Celtic boss Neil Lennon has admitted he is doing all he can to ensure he’ll stay for Celtic’s bid to win ten Scottish Premiership titles.

    Lennon said: “Yes, there are ongoing discussions at the minute with his representatives.

    “Ultimately he’s a player we want around. He’s a fantastic player. He’s really blossomed over the last couple of seasons.

    “He had a magnificent season this year and we want to keep him. It’s as simple as that. We’re doing everything we can to keep him here for at least another season anyway.”

  • RED RETURN

    Arsenal's first Premier League games back after Project Restart.

  • EDDIE READY

    Eddie Nketiah scored a hat-trick as Arsenal thrashed Charlton Athletic 6-0 in a friendly yesterday.

    The academy graduate, who has worked his way into Mikel Arteta’s first-team plans, scored all three of his goals in the second half.

    Arteta’s Gunners are counting down to their big Premier League return on June 17, when they travel to Manchester City.

    They enjoyed a perfect warm-up on Saturday afternoon at the Emirates, playing behind-closed doors.

    Nketiah grabbed his first goal following a goalmouth scramble, before coolly converting a one-on-one.

    He headed home his third following an impressive ball from fellow graduate Joe Willock.

  • FLOUTRAGE

    Premier League chiefs are set to crack down on football’s Covidiots with big fines and possible points penalties.

    The top-flight’s rulers want to protect Project Restart against sloppy behaviour by clubs AND players which could lead to a coronavirus spike.

    And emergency powers will be brought in to give Premier League ‘police’ the power to hand out fines of around £200,000 for offences.

    A second coronavirus ‘crime’ would mean double punishment, while repeat offenders will face limitless penalties — including points deductions.

    A number of Prem stars have already breached Government lockdown rules — including Kyle Walker, Jack Grealish, Serge Aurier, Jordon Ibe and Alexandre Lacazette.

  • AUBA AND OUT

    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang didn't look too distracted by transfer speculation linking him with Barcelona as he netted in the friendly win over Charlton.

    Full highlights of the match are available on the official club website now.

  • DAN THE MAN

    Arsenal and Wolves are in a battle for Juventus' experienced Italy defender Daniele Rugani.Nuno Espirito Santo's Wolves have already submitted an £18million bid for the centre-half, according to Italian outlet Tuttosport.

    The Premier League duo are keen to add the big defender to their squads – as Juve boss Maurizio Sarri has only played the 25-year-old in THREE Serie A matches this season.

    Rugani is under contract until 2023 so the Old Lady can expect serious cash for Italy international.Sarri will sell him this summer to boost his coffers as he plans a £100million move for Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.

    But the Juve boss wants at least £25m for the central defender.

  • BACK OF THE NKET

    The moment Eddie Nketiah netted his hat-trick for Arsenal against Charlton.

    Full highlights of the match are available on the official club website now.

  • GOOD MORNING, GUNNERS

    Yesterday Arsenal returned to the Emirates! 

    The first-team squad took part in a behind closed doors friendly against Championship side Charlton. 

    The fixture was first confirmed on the Instagram page of controversial Addicks striker Lyle Taylor. 

    The Gunners smashed six goals past their lower league opposition and their resilient defence ensured a shutout in a 6-0 win.

    Academy product Eddie Nketiah bagged a stunning second-half hat-trick to stake his claim for a spot in the side against Manchester City at the Etihad on June 17.

    The North London side are primed to fire against City in their first game back, according to Mikel Arteta.

    Arteta is returning to his old stomping ground for the first time and will be buoyed by yesterday’s performance. 

    Skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette and Joe Willock were also on target in the demolition. 

    Aubameyang also took to Instagram to jokingly mock team-mate Bukayo Saka who he filmed running up and down the touchline during the game. 

    In other news, transfer target Dayot Upamecano was sent off in the Bundesliga after petulantly kicking the ball away.

    The RB Leipzig defender was given his marching orders after a second yellow card in the 43rd minute against Paderborn. 

    Finally, former Arsenal midfielder Denilson blames the players for ex-boss Arsene Wenger’s downfall at the club.

    He told the Guardian: “Wenger’s vision was the right one. If there was anyone to blame it was the players on the pitch. There were little mistakes that led to goals.”

Source: Read Full Article