Nikki Grahame’s mum shares Big Brother star’s tragic final days before her death

Nikki Grahame’s mum Sue has heartbreakingly shared the Big Brother star’s final days.

Big Brother star Nikki was just 38 when she tragically passed away in April this year.

Nikki had been battling anorexia for many years and friends created a fundraiser for the star to seek treatment just weeks before her death.

Reality icon Nikki ended up in hospital two weeks before her tragic passing, after she fell and fractured her spine while she was on the way to visit her mum in Dorset.

Now, Sue has shared her daughter Nikki’s tragic final days leading up to her heartbreaking death.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, Sue revealed: “She rang me crying and said, ‘Mum I’ve had an accident in the pharmacy. I’ve collapsed and fallen on my back’.

“On the first day in hospital, two doctors said her condition was life-threatening. Her weight was the lowest it had ever been since adulthood.”

Nikki was discharged from Dorset County Hospital on Thursday 8 April, but Sue revealed she had begged doctors not to discharge her. The hospital have since launched an full internal investigation into Nikki’s passing.

The Big Brother star’s mother then urged Nikki to allow her to come home with her, but she said Nikki wanted to spend time alone at her flat in Stanmore, Harrow.

Sue said: “There was no point arguing. She knew her own mind. I said, ‘I can’t fix you, Nikki. I’ve tried and tried. You need round-the-clock care’.

“She told me she would be OK and was going to a recovery clinic in London on the Monday. I had to stay open-minded. I didn’t know she’d die.”

Nikki and her mother Sue spoke a number of times on the phone when she got home, with their last call at 3.30am.

“It wasn’t unusual for her to call in the early hours,” Sue said. “She was happy as she’d just had a frame delivered to help her walk.

“She told me, ‘I promise you, I won’t ever let my body get in this state again. Mum, I’m so tired’.

“I said, ‘You go now, sleep now’. She said, ‘Night, night’. And that was it.”

Sue then called Nikki later that morning but didn’t get an answer. She then contacted a friend who had keys to Nikki’s flat.

They went round to check on Nikki and found her unconscious. They called an ambulance for Nikki, but sadly it was too late to save her.

The friend then called Sue, who was already on a train to London, to deliver her the tragic news.

Sue recalled: “It was Nikki’s friend. She said, 'She’s gone'. I said, 'She’s gone?' And she replied, 'She’s died'.

“It was 4.30pm. I was on this train and hyperventilating. I was in such a state.”

If you have been affected by this story, you can call Beat on 0808 801 0677 or visit

Source: Read Full Article