Monty Don warns viewers about overfeeding plants
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Monty Don, 65, has explained on Twitter that episodes of Gardeners’ World are filmed a week ahead of airing, after a fan questioned why he was filming for the show yesterday, when it is Frances Tophill appearing in this Friday’s programme. The famous horticulturalist has taken time off from filming the show, being covered by hosts Adam Frost and Frances.
We film a week ahead of transmission
On Bank Holiday Monday, Monty typed: “Full days filming today for next week’s GW – the banks may be on holiday but we are not!”
One eagle-eyed viewer was left confused after it said on the schedule that Frances would be introducing a special episode from Wakehurst, in West Sussex.
They replied: “Thought Frances was in charge for Friday?”
The 65-year-old explained that would indeed still be the case, as the episode he filmed this week would not air until next week.
Monty typed back: “We film a week ahead of transmission.”
While a second follower commented: “What do you want a medal? You get paid to potter about in the garden mate. Anyway I look forward to watching.”
The TV personality responded sarcastically: “Will take that as a compliment – delighted that is how it comes across.”
In the weeks that Monty had been absent from the show, viewers have vented their frustration on social media.
One said: “Erm, Monty ain’t on #gardenersworld.”
Another asked: “Where’s Monty?! #GardenersWorld #MiddleAgedTweet.”
“Upon seeing that Monty is away this week and we have ‘Frosty’ instead….. #gardenersworld,” a third wrote.
The green-fingered presenter said he would be focusing on a project he was forced to postpone during the coronavirus pandemic.
Kevin Clifton wades into Piers Morgan and Naomi Osaka row (PHOTOS)
Piers Morgan slammed after Naomi Osaka and Meghan Markle comparison (NEWS)
Piers Morgan shamed Keir Starmer over ‘impersonal’ card (LATEST)
On Twitter he told fans about his next move, revealing he will be recording his audiobook after it had been delayed for a year.
He said: “Having been delayed by a year due to Covid I am off today (and for the next four days) to a studio to read ‘My Garden World’ as an audiobook.”
Meanwhile, Monty has been keeping fans up to date with his new venture on Twitter, and things seem to be going well.
“My Garden World audiobook now all read and recorded and will be available on July 1st,” he shared.
Fans responded with kind words, with one saying: “I pre-ordered and can’t wait, you are always a joy to listen to.”
Another said: “Your voice is so easy to listen to, I bet it will be great!”
The gardening show has been a saviour for many throughout lockdown, particularly those who may not have big open spaces to work with.
Although he has missed a couple of episodes of the show, Monty has continued to update his fans on his Longmeadow garden over on social media.
Source: Read Full Article