Mel B responds to Spice World sequel rumours as she teases Spice Girls reunion plans

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Mel B has denied claims that the Spice Girls are in talks to reunite and create a sequel of their movie Spice World.

The 45 year old singer, who recently starred in a devastating domestic violence video, responded to the reports as she appeared on Good Morning Britain on Monday 17 May.

As she was quizzed by GMB hosts Adil Ray and Susanna Reid on whether the Spice Girls are in talks to make another movie, Mel B said: “I heard there was some reunion of a film and I was like: ‘Well that’s the first I’ve heard!’”

Susanna, 50, then asked: “So there’s not gonna be a Spice World Two?”

Mel then explained: “Well, I’m not gonna say not but we haven’t been discussing that – we’ve been along the lines of discussing about doing music together and hopefully getting the tour up and running because everything got shut down because of lockdown.”

Susanna then reminded the singer: “It’s 25 years since Wannabe.”

To which Mel B replied: “Why do you have to say it like that? It makes me feel so old!”

“I’m afraid it is a fact,” Susanna pointed out, before complimenting Mel B with: “But you look just as fabulous. Would you re-do the video?”

Scary Spice then admitted: “I don’t think we could re-do that video, I think we’d all be knackered by the end. It’s a lot of running and a lot of shouting!

“But, I think my aim is to get us back together doing some more songs together and, hopefully, getting us all on stage together.”

GMB presenter Susanna then asked the question on every Spice Girls fan’s lips, as she said: “Do you think Victoria would be up for that?”

“I think so,” Mel B said. Her comments come after reports that the girl group had been approached by a renowned screen writer ahead of the 25th anniversary of the flick.

A film industry insider told The Sun Online: “The girls have been talking about how to mark the film’s anniversary and are actively considering making a tongue-on-cheek sequel.

“They have approached a screenwriter who is considering working on the project and making tentative steps forward.

“It is still in the early stages but they are talking to established names in the business, which proves they are taking a big screen comeback seriously.”

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

The girl power group were preparing to reunite this year and aiming to tour across the globe to “spread positivity”.

In April 2020, an insider told OK!: “There were plans for the band to tour Australia this year but one of the girls didn't feel ready to commit to more shows, especially so far away from home.

“But in the midst of the ongoing global pandemic, the four of them have realised how important it would be for their fans for them to come back and spread positivity and have decided to come together again next year and head out on another tour.”

Source: Read Full Article