Charlie Gillespie is starring in the brand new musical series Julie and the Phantoms!
The actor takes on the role of Luke in the show, from High School Musical and Descendants‘ Kenny Ortega, who serves as an executive producer on the series.
Here’s a synopsis: High schooler Julie (Madison Reyes) lost her passion for music after her mom died last year. But when the ghosts of three dreamy musicians (Charlie, Owen Joyner, and Jeremy Shada) from 1995 suddenly appear in her mom’s old music studio, Julie feels her own inner spirit beginning to reawaken, and she’s inspired to start singing and writing songs again. As their friendship with Julie grows, the boys convince her to create a new band together: Julie and the Phantoms.
You may recognize Charlie from his roles in Charmed or Degrassi: Next Class. He can also be seen in the movies Speed Kills and Runt.
JJ got to know Charlie with our exclusive 10 Fun Facts feature. Check them out below!
Julie and Phantoms premieres TOMORROW (September 10) on Netflix.
- 1. I am a proud Canadian. Born and raised in the Maritimes.
- 2. The best video game ever released is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. (Breath of The Wild is the second)
- 3. Hikes, I love them. All you have is the buddies you brought and the gear on your back. Having no service is the best problem. I’ve been able to hike in lots of parks across North America like Joshua Tree, The Fundy Footpath trail, Gros Morne, Redrock, and loads more.
- 4. I am the fourth born of five in my family. Four boys and one girl and they’re all legends.
- 5. I volunteer with Mare Nostrum, which is an amazing foundation whose focus is helping all life in the sea. Check it out – https://joinmnf.org
Click inside to learn more about Charlie Gillespie…
- 6. I once got run over by a tractor.
- 7. A few of my most played albums include Kygo “Cloud Nine,” The Eagles “Hotel California,” Band Camino “Tryhard,” Post Malone “Stoney,” and everything John Mayer… and dude there’s so many more.
- 8. I play with a PRS Custom 24 electric guitar.
- 9. I ski and board. I got to do Whistler once, and it’s the best hill I’ve ever been on.
- 10. My favorite dessert is donuts.
Source: Read Full Article