TOM Cruise is said to be keen to sign Meghan Markle up to his next film if the duchess wants to return to the world of acting.
From March 31, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are officially stepping back from senior royal duties, and many big names in Hollywood are keen to snap Meghan up.
According to the magazine Life & Style, a source said: “Tom’s seen what she can do and the camera loves her.
“If anyone can get Meghan back on a film set, it’s Tom.
“And what better way to get back on the big screen than starring opposite one of Hollywood’s biggest stars.”
So far it has not been officially announced how the duke and duchess will carve their own path and become financially independent.
Their SussexRoyal website says: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will become privately funded members of The Royal Family with permission to earn their own income and the ability to pursue their own private charitable interests.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not plan to start a ‘foundation’, but rather intend to develop a new way to effect change and complement the efforts made by so many excellent foundations globally.
“While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal.’”
Tom may have competition if Meghan was keen to go back to her acting roots, as Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos has said he is keen to negotiate something for the former Royals once the current storm blows over.
Speaking at an event in Los Angeles and asked about Harry and Meghan, Ted replied: “Who wouldn't be interested? Yes, sure.”
This follows Prince Harry being videoed talking about his wife’s skills at the premiere of The Lion King to Disney boss Bob Iger and director Jon Favreau last July.
A production deal with Netflix could take a similar format to that agreed with the Obama family which involved various film and TV projects.
Prince Harry had already signed a deal for a six-part series on Apple TV+ which he is producing with Oprah Winfrey and which focuses on mental health.
And his first post-royal gig was a speech at a money summit for investment bank JP Morgan held at a luxury five-star hotel in Miami.
Working with Tom Cruise or Netflix could be a help to the couple, who are no longer be able to capitalise on the HRH brand or receive public funds.
They will also have to pay the taxpayer the £2.4 million that was spent on refurbishing Frogmore Cottage.
Currently the couple are self-isolating in their £11million waterfront mansion on Vancouver Island with baby Archie.
It was announced Prince Charles has been displaying mild symptoms but remains in "good health" after being diagnosed with coronavirus on Monday night.
Buckingham Palace has since confirmed the Queen remains in "good health" after heading to Windsor last Thursday with Prince Philip a week earlier than planned.
Source: Read Full Article