Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre will close until further notice beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, Denver Parks and Recreation announced Friday afternoon via Twitter.
The amphitheatre has been closed for concerts since March 16. It closed to all visitors starting March 24, initially planning to reopen on April 10. The cancellation of the traditional Easter sunrise services was announced last month, but the park has remained open.
On Friday afternoon, park personnel were seen asking people who had bypassed “closed” signs and went into the amphitheatre to leave.
Roads and trails in the park are popular for runners, hikers, cyclists and tourists.
This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Adventurist, to get outdoors news sent straight to your inbox.
- Denver trainer offers an at-home workout to avoid cabin fever as the world crashes down around us
- What you need to know about exercising outdoors during the coronavirus outbreak
- Denver has one of the country’s hardest fitness classes, according to ClassPass
- Where to go online for free home workouts, from cardio to yoga
- Manitou Incline closes due to coronavirus outbreak
Source: Read Full Article